Snapshot: Every teacher has reluctant learners in the classroom, students who are passive, inattentive, quick to give up or disruptive. As an educator, it’s your job–tough as it is–to find ways to engage and motivate these students so they can learn.
In this lively and popular webinar, Rick Smith, author of Conscious Classroom Management: Unlocking the Secrets of Great Teaching, provides K-12 teachers with practical strategies based on current research on the brain that will help you to boost student involvement, motivation, and retention.
According to Rick, reluctant learners are passengers on the learning train who want to get off at every stop. Educators must keep engaging these students to pull them back on the train.
- How to align your teaching with how your students’ brains learn
- How to break up instruction into distinct units to provide multiple opportunities for student engagement
- 7 strategies for increasing student participation in class discussions
- A dozen ways to increase reluctant learners’ attention span and retention
- Lesson plan ideas that work