You will receive the online recording as soon as you place your order. Check your in-box.
Boys and girls learn differently. The male learning style is driven both by socialization and by the way the male brain grows and develops. Boys crave certain elements of teaching and learning. When these elements are lacking, it can lead to disengagement, learning problems and challenging behaviors–as you know all too well.
The more you understand about how nature, nurture and culture shape boys’ learning, the more effective you will be as an educator of boys.
Join Michael Gurian for a 2-hour webinar on practical strategies and techniques for modifying your classroom and practices to fit boys’ specific learning needs. This is not about creating a whole new curriculum. This is about working with your existing structures and pedagogy to help boys learn and achieve. Michael’s webinars are interactive, humorous, insightful, practical and include stunning brain scans.
School, parent and community collaboration is crucial for boys and this webinar also will look at ways to get parents and other community members involved in teaching and guiding boys.
- Brain-based research on how boys and girls learn
- How nature, nurture and culture shape the ways boys learn
- The 4 pillars of male educational excellence
- Modifications you can make to classrooms and schools to improve boys’ behavior, including hard-to-deal-with boys
- Instructional changes to make in core curricula to increase boys’ (and girls’) learning
- Boy-friendly ways to nurture empathy and emotive processing
- Not just about boys–How to communicate effectively with male teachers, administrators, co-workers and partners