You will receive the online recording as soon as you order. Check your in-box.
K-12 math used to be all about getting the one right answer. Today, educators are more focused on how students reason their way through a mathematical problem.
Are your math assessments as up-to-date as your math instruction? Are you getting the information you need to refine your instruction?
Join Christine Suurtamm, a top expert on math assessment, for a webinar that will help you take stock of your math assessment practices so you can make desired changes. Your school and district may be focused on year-end assessments, but as a teacher, you want to monitor students’ math reasoning while they are in your classrooms so that you can optimize learning . The right math assessment practices make all the difference!
Chris will show you how to use a range of assessments, including formative assessments, and she will share the latest research and thinking on the subject. This webinar and give you practical assessment strategies to bring to the classroom right away!
- What do you want to know–the different purposes of assessment
- What the research tells us about effective assessment practices in mathematics
- Choosing appropriate tasks
- Why you need a range of assessment strategies to capture student thinking
- How to enhance or develop new assessment practices for your math classes
- Assessment dilemmas–how to resolve the seemingly irreconcilable
- Common assessment challenges and how to deal with them effectively
- Tools to help you develop a comprehensive assessment plan
- Practical assessment strategies that teachers can use to improve student learning