You will receive the online recording as soon as you place your order. Check your in-box.
How can you be sure the close reading you are doing with your students is the close reading required by the Common Core State Standards (CCSS) and other top learning standards?
Many teachers now make time for close reading in class but there is still lots of confusion and inaccurate information about how to engage students in this rigorous task.
Ensure that you and your students are on track and making the most of the time you spend on close reading. Join Tim Shanahan for a 2-hour webinar that will explore what close reading is, why it matters, and how to teach it effectively and in accordance with standards and best practices. This webinar is appropriate for grades K-6.
- Definition of close reading and how does it differ from other reading approaches?
- Front-loading: Best practices for pre-reading
- Should you preteach vocabulary in close reading?
- How often should students be engaged in close reading?
- What kinds of questions are appropriate for close reading?
- Annotation: What should you ask your student to do?