You will receive the online recording as soon as you place your order. Check your in-box.
How do you get your students to take writing more seriously? Even if you are a steadfast believer in the value of traditional writing assignments, you will not want to miss this webinar on connective writing with Will Richardson, leading author, speaker and thinker on the impact of new technology on education.
Whether you are a skeptic about the use of technology in the classroom or a champion of it, this webinar will provide you with insights and ideas on how to tap into connective writing to more fully engage students in developing their writing skills.
Technology–as you know from your own experiences on the internet–is changing the nature of writing. In a connected world, we write not just to communicate what we know, but to connect with others who share our interests and can help us learn by communicating their own experiences. Writing asssignments that provide an opportunity for students to connect with others–their peers, an author, a journalist, a wider audience–can give them the motivation they need to refine their thinking and sharpen and revise their work.
In this webinar, Will makes a strong case for embracing the use of technology in writing instruction and content writing assignments and will provide you with many resources and strategies that you can put to work right away in your classroom.
- How the digital world is altering the definition of literacy
- How the ability to link to other work impacts both reading and writing
- Help students use writing to make connections safely, effectively and ethically
- Engage students in the collaborative and social aspects of connective writing through blogs and sites such as fanfiction.net
- Lay the foundation for effective use of digital writing tools
- How you can use personal learning networks to stay abreast of new tools and techniques