You will receive the online recording as soon as you place your order. Check your in-box.
Imagine this scenario – Billy’s math teacher notices he is struggling with the division of three-digit numbers by two-digit numbers. The teacher says she will give Billy another chance to show he can solve the problem. When she checks on him again and Billy still hasn’t solved the problem, the teacher tells him he has run out of chances and will now need to receive a consequence.
Do you think this is terribly unfair and that poor Billy simply needs a typical Tier 2 intervention to close the learning gap?
Now substitute disruptive behavior in this scenario, however, and many teachers show far less sympathy for Billy. Many would view the consequences for Billy as more reasonable.
Tom Hierck, bestselling author of Pyramid of Behavior Interventions: Seven Keys to a Positive Learning Environment, wants teachers to view behavior struggles the same way they see learning struggles and to apply the same RTI principles they use in math and reading to student behavior.
Imagine the learning gains for all your students if you had clearly articulated routines, structures, and expectations and if everyone got just the right kind of help at the right time, whether their behavioral issues were mild, moderate or severe.
Join RTI expert Tom Hierck for a 2-hour webinar on the often-overlooked behavioral side of the RTI pyramid. Learn how to set up an effective RTI system of expectations and interventions for the positive learning behaviors that make learning possible. It’s time to reap the full benefit of the power of RTI!
- Why the RTI approach to positive behavior is so important
- The why, what, when, and how of the behavior side of the RTI
- Characteristics of effective practices for promoting desirable behaviors
- Critical elements and key tasks of effective behavior interventions
- Early identification of behavior support needs
- Determining what students need at each tier level
- How to plan, monitor and sustain behavior supports within the school day