Snapshot: You’ve made your best effort to create a good, orderly learning environment in the classroom but, frankly, things could be better. Your most challenging students haven’t responded the way you had hoped to classroom expectations for student behavior.
In this webinar with Rick Smith, author of the widely acclaimed book, Conscious Classroom Management: Unlocking the Secrets of Great Teaching, you and your staff will learn new strategies and get a fresh perspective on helping students get on track while it’s still early enough in the school year.
Have you ever observed master teachers at work? Their classroom management skills are seamless, practically invisible. It looks easy, until you try to duplicate it in your classroom. Rick has devoted his career to making visible and conscious the seemingly invisible skills of highly effective teachers. In this lively, interactive session for K-12 staff, Rick shares these invaluable insights with you.
Rick Smith “slows down the camera” and analyzes what happens in the classrooms of both effective and ineffective teachers. You will learn dozens of practical, insightful strategies to get the school year off to a good start and to be the most effective teacher you can be. Learn how to lay the groundwork for procedures and content and to manage student behavior with prevention and intervention.
- 5 non-verbal procedures that save time and motivate your students
- 3 teacher assumptions that invite student cooperation
- How to discipline students from across the room
- How to succeed with difficult students
- How to grow your inner authority
- How and when to use consequences
- How to “hold your ground” in ways that invite student cooperation
- Practical approaches for motivating your reluctant learners
- A variety of nuts and bolts practices that are vital for classroom survival
- How to reduce your stress and anxiety so that you can maintain a fresher, more positive approach to teaching