You will receive the online recording as soon as you order. Check your in-box.
Many teachers agree in principle that grading needs to change because it’s often unfair to some of their students. But, they are reluctant to leave behind traditional grading practices until they’re convinced the new grading practices work as well or better.
Join Myron Dueck, working educator and author of ‘Grading Smarter Not Harder, for a 2-hour webinar that will persuade you that grading reforms are not just “the right thing to do.” They also are very practical and effective in the classroom.
In this compelling, fast-paced webinar, Myron will share new practical solutions to many grading dilemmas such as late or incomplete work or how to handle homework. He will describe experiences with his own students when he dropped more conventional grading practices for practices that reflected his beliefs about fair grading.
In an era when poverty, stress, anxiety and a host of other issues unfairly and unethically interfere with the ability of some students’ to earn good grades, Myron makes a very persuasive case for putting the focus on supporting learning and fostering better student-teacher relationships.
This webinar is appropriate for all grade levels. Participants will walk away with many user-friendly templates that can be quickly modified for use across all age groups and discipline areas!
- The case for common sense–why we need to focus on true learning and stop penalizing kids for factors beyond their control
- Transparency–making assessment criteria clear to students from the start of a unit plan
- Setting high-quality learning targets
- Why retesting works–how to keep track of reassessment data.
- Re-quizzing–check for mastery without increasing your workload
- Multiple choice 2.0–how to be more creative with multiple choice to assess higher level thinking
- How to guide students in self-assessment of creative projects with pre-determined outcomes
- What to do about homework