You will receive the online recording as soon as you order. Check your in-box.
Do no harm. Are you confident you can say this about your grading practices? Confident that your grading is fair to students in difficult family situations and not discouraging to students making slow progress?
Want to make sure you’re on the right track?
Join top grading expert Thomas Guskey for a 2-hour webinar that will help you review your current grading policies and practices and make sure you’re following best practices, whatever system you are using.
Tom will examine the advantages and pitfalls of each grading system, including standards-based grading, and give you advice on how to address the pitfalls. Whether you want to make small or significant changes, this is a special opportunity to consider what is and is not working for you with a leading expert!
- Have a clear purpose–why it’s important for grades and reporting methods
- Pros and cons of letter grades, percentage grades, standards-based grades and narrative grades
- Limiting bias and subjectivity in the grading methods
- Why norm-based grading or grading on the curve should be avoided
- It’s all in the reporting–best reporting practices for different grading criteria
- options for standards-based grading
- The role parent conferences, newsletters, phone calls and other reporting tools play in communicating student achievement
- How to initiate reforms in grading and reporting