You will receive the online recording as soon as you order. Check your in-box.
Snapshot: Assessment can play many important roles in learning but, in this age of increased accountability and high-stakes testing, it is often still limited to the role of measuring it. Assessments can influence and drive learning and teaching in powerful ways, but many educators have not been able to fully integrate the multiple uses of assessment into their classrooms.
In this webinar, best-selling author and internationally known speaker and consultant Damian Cooper focuses on 8 big ideas for assessment that every teacher can use in the classroom to enhance student learning and motivation and adjust instruction. This webinar will help teachers and school administrators manage the demands of assessment of learning (for grading and reporting)and assessment for learning (to promote learning).
In assessment for learning, it is not test scores that will motivate students but descriptive feedback from both peers and teachers.
- Why it’s important to examine traditional beliefs about assessment and grading and to be willing to change them
- The different purposes of assessment and the different responses these purposes demand from students and teachers
- How “backward design” is essential to effective assessment
- Why effective assessment must be balanced among oral, written and performance-based evidence
- Connecting assessment and instruction to maximize learning
- Moving from a quantitative to descriptive approach to assessment Partnering with students in the assessment process
- Setting clear performance targets
- Establishing consistent grading and reporting practices while allowing for teachers’ professional judgement