You love the idea of the classroom walkthrough–brief, informal and routine enough that your presence is easily accepted in the classroom.
But, like any good habit, it’s a challenge to keep it in your schedule and at the top of your priority list when you are constantly dealing with emergencies and new commitments.
And there are the other challenges, too. How do you keep your exchanges with teachers positive and motivating rather than stressful and unproductive? How do you make walkthroughs really count in instructional improvement?
Join instructional leadership expert Justin Baeder for a 2-hour webinar on a powerful walkthrough model that results in real, productive change in the classroom. Justin shares his insights and strategies on the good walkthrough habits of the most effective instructional leaders. Here’s a chance to reflect on your approach to walkthroughs and refine your practice!
- How to make time to get into each classroom every two weeks even if your day is full of interruptions and emergencies
- The right way to ask evidence-based questions when you want to deepen teacher thinking
- 4 approaches to follow-up conversations (you don’t always need to meet face-to-face to have a rich discussion)
- Why the compliment/suggestion/compliment “feedback sandwich” doesn’t lead to teacher learning
- Keeping teachers in the driver’s seat during walkthroughs
- Leveraging insights from classroom walkthroughs for school-level improvements while honoring confidentiality
- How your instructional framework can reduce conflict and accelerate teacher growth
- Walkthroughs and formal evaluations—how to maintain trust and deal with contractual challenges