You will receive the online recording as soon as you place your order. Check your in-box.
How educators learn has become as important as how students learn.
Current research on adult learners shows that to be effective, professional learning is job-embedded, collaborative, dynamic, and inquiry-based.
If you support educators or participate in this practice-grounded approach to professional learning, it’s important to understand the process itself and to appreciate the skills it demands from those who participate in it.
Join MaryEllen Vogt, co-author of Professional Learning in Action: An Inquiry Approach for Teachers of Literacy, for a webinar that will give you valuable insights into this innovative model of professional learning. MaryEllen will share specific examples of how adult learners use inquiry-based professional learning to drive results in the classroom.
- Current research on adult learners and common misconceptions about professional learning
- Traditional vs. new models of collaborative, inquiry-based professional learning
- The four characteristics of authentic professional learning
- Creating a professional learning plan
- The six types of collaborative groups
- How to make the mental shifts to learning through collaboration and inquiry