You will receive the online recording as soon as you order. Check your in-box.
Wouldn’t it be great if you could find out about students’ learning needs while you’re teaching a lesson, not after the lesson has been taught?
A new way of thinking about formative assessment makes that possible. Learn how to be more instructionally agile by making adjustments to your instruction using real-time information. Instead of creating assessment events that interrupt teaching and learning, build formative assessments into your teaching and give students feedback as you identify and respond to their unfolding learning needs.
Join assessment expert Tom Schimmer for a 2-hour webinar that will help you rethink how you practice formative assessment. This webinar takes you back to the core fundamentals of classroom assessment so that you can develop a more organic approach to your practice. Find out how to turn any classroom activity into a formative assessment.
“We have collectively lost our way with the practical application of formative assessment at the classroom level,” Tom says. “It’s time to regain focus.” Tom will share proven strategies and processes that will help you to develop a more fluid, real-time approach to assessment, feedback and instructional response to students’ learning needs!
- Assessment vs. assess: How to turn the noun into a verb
- Common misconceptions in the implementation of formative assessment:
- Instructional agility: Blending assessment, instruction, and feedback
- The 3 non-negotiable characteristics that make any classroom activity double as an assessment
- Effective feedback strategies that re-engage students in their work
- Real classroom examples of how to redesign your approach to formative assessment