You will receive the online recording as soon as you order. Check your in-box.
Advanced mathematics is the gateway to college and future achievement for all middle school and high school students, no matter what their future plans may be.
For English Language Learners (ELLs), making it through this gateway is especially challenging because of the need for support in everyday and academic language.
Join Risa Wolfson for a 90-minute webinar on how you can help ELL students succeed in grades 7-12 math by differentiating and scaffolding your math lessons. Risa will share strategies and activities to help your ELL students better understand functions and their multiple representations. She will guide you in balancing the content and pedagogy of your lessons so that you can engage your students as they gain a secure footing in math. These strategies also are valuable for any student that struggles with math!
- Creating math lessons for culturally diverse learners
- Strategies for developing the academic language students will need for math
- Checking and assessing student understanding in your mathematics lesson
- Do’s and dont’s for communicating mathematical ideas to ELLs
- How to use and connect multiple representations for understanding
- Understanding and interpreting functions as a relationship between two quantities
- Building and analyzing linear functions in context, using different representations