Think of a time you were excluded from an academic or social activity as a child or an adult. You can probably still feel the sting of that exclusion, even if the incident happened years ago.
Your school and/or classroom may be philosophically committed to a policy of inclusiveness, but if this philosophy is not actively put into daily practice, many of your students may be silently struggling with these same feelings of being left out and left behind.
Want to inspire and motivate your staff to live and breathe inclusiveness as they work with their students? Be an inclusion coach. Want to create a truly inclusive classroom?
Join Toby Karten for a 2-hour webinar that will provide you with many insights, ideas, tips and strategies for coaching your staff or colleagues to practice inclusiveness as they work to raise the achievement of all learners, including students with ADHD, dyslexia, dyscalculia, dysgraphia, and autism, along with students with emotional, social, behavioral, physical, sensory, and communicative differences.
This webinar is suitable both for administrators who want to champion inclusion and for teachers who want to make their classrooms more inclusive.
Learn how inclusion interventions grounded on principles like RTI, differentiated instruction, understanding by design, universal design for learning, multiple intelligences, multisensory approaches, peer mentoring, and cooperative learning help you organize a general education classroom that supports all students in achieving their highest potential.
- Why do inclusion?
- How to create and sustain school-based inclusion-coaching models that engage your staff and/or colleagues in the work
- Set the bar–Collaboratively exploring inclusion norms and expectations with your staff. What strategies and interventions will you use to achieve inclusion?
- Best evidence-based strategies and interventions to use with students of mixed abilities and with different classroom dynamics
- Lesson designs that improve outcomes for learners with and without IEPs
- How to incorporate inclusion in mentoring and professional learning programs and activities
You will walk away from this webinar with lots of inclusion-coaching strategies, professional resources, organizations and online references that assist students, collaborative teams, teachers, support staff, and families.