How can you do more to meet the diverse learning needs of your students when you already feel overcommitted in your teaching responsibilities?
Welcome to whole-class or proactive differentiation. This approach to differentiation is a practical and manageable response to concerns that differentiated instruction is way too time-consuming and means developing skills teachers don’t already have.
Join Karen Hume for a 2-hour webinar that will give you simple tools and strategies to adopt a highly efficient and effective differentiation style during whole-class instruction.
Karen will help you tap into your inner differentiator. As an experienced educator, you already know when you teach a lesson that some students will get confused, or get an idea backwards, or need extra help with background vocabulary. You already know that some of your students will spring ahead and others will fall behind based on their interests, readiness, or learning preferences. Act on this knowledge early to support student learning before problems develop.
Karen will show you how to anticipate individual learning needs by teaching foundational concepts and skills in a wide variety of ways, increasing the likelihood that all your students will find a path into new learning. Find out how to build on your already successful differentiation practices with this proactive, whole-class approach!
- The basic information you need to effectively differentiate instruction for your students
- How to design meaningful choices for learners
- Planning for whole-class differentiation
- Whole-class methods–the learning pyramid, multiple entry points, teaching around the wheel
- Classroom set-up and procedures that facilitate differentiation
- How to increase student participation and engagement
- Next steps in differentiation based on your learning/teaching preferences